Since the publishing of the Bitcoin whitepaper in 2008, blockchain and web3 technology has matured from an academic idea to a thriving industry that has captured the imagination of tens of millions about what the future might hold. And for good reason.
Blockchain technology has generated hundreds of billions of dollars of economic value in the past decade and early blockchain experiments in environmental, societal, and technological impact showcase the technology's potential to build a future that is more resilient, collaborative, regenerative, and dynamic.
This potential will not be realized without an effective and scalable way to support policymakers who believe in the economic growth and social good that blockchain and web3 create.
We are building Sunshin3 to fill this gap.
Sunshin3 is a Florida-based political non-profit focused on helping the Sunshine State become the world's web3 innovation capital.
By 2025, we will have helped elect dozens of web3-friendly city, county, state, and federal officials and will have attracted thousands of entrepreneurs to come to Florida to build their blockchain-powered businesses to disrupt entrenched, centralized power structures that fail the people they claim to serve.
We invite you to join us as we invest in Florida as the hub for a rapidly growing industry that will shape our economy and the world forever: web3.
The story of Sunshin3 is a story of three leaders passionate about freedom and Florida, who joined forces in 2022 after coming to the following conclusions:
- Web3 is critical to the future of the U.S. economy
- Forward-thinking web3 policy at the national level—as with just about any policy matter that eventually swept the nation—depends on forward-thinking policy at the state level
- Florida can be the capital of web3 innovation—setting precedent for policy that other States and Congress emulate
As pioneers and leaders in crypto/web3 policy and practice who are well-connected in the Florida legislature, our co-founders Samuel Armes, Gary Sheng, and John Montague are true believers in the power of web3 to help build a brighter future for Florida and the United States.
OUR THREE-PRONGED APPROACH
Our approach to make Florida the web3 innovation capital is simple:
- Help develop legislation that would stimulate economic growth and innovation in web3 in Florida. We are seeking to develop policies that truly address pain points in the world that only web3 can address efficiently and effectively.
- Direct campaign contributions to political leaders we consider to be Florida Web3 Champions. We have and will continue to grow our community of powerful allies in Tallahassee.
- Host events that drive interest and investment in Florida web3. We will capture headlines and raise significant capital as we produce meaningful in-person dinners, events, conferences, and fundraisers in Florida for leaders in our network.
When we are successful…
- Florida will be the home to the most innovative DAOs and other on-chain organizations
- Florida will be where many web3 and blockchain-oriented businesses build technologies that help with mass coordination problems
- States all across the country will take our lead and pass similar web3 legislation
- The U.S. Congress will pass federal web3 legislation that makes the U.S. as a whole a hub for web3 talent and innovation
WHO WE SUPPORT
Sunshin3 supports political leaders who believe in the promise of web3 as a force for economic growth, civic empowerment, and environmental innovation, and who are willing to vocalize their support of web3 publicly and politically.
We will keep this list updated.
HOW TO SUPPORT OUR WORK